One More Try
A good friend of mine wrote this song in the weeks after my attack. I recently heard it for the first time, and was truely touched. Some of my friends that knew it had been written feared that it might just bring up a bad memory for me every time I heard it. But now that I have heard it, I can honestly say that it does not celebrate or glorify the bad things about the attack, but instead does the exact opposite. It celebrates the love and people that surrounded me, and helped me to hold my head up and keep going... and that's something I will always cherish and want to remember. So to my friend I say thank you... I think you have an idea of how much this means to me...
Well I can't say why
Life can be so cruel
And everybody's trying
To live by the Golden rule
Got a call just the other day
News had me on my knees
I heard that some bad folks
Had done some bad things
Chorus:
Hey there lady, don't you know
You're still the angel, that you were before
We're all still standing, here by your side
Darlin pick your head up...and we'll give it one more try
Life can be so fragile
But we take it in stride
Lord I have, just one request
Please bring back her smile
I pray that each day
Holds a little something new
Well I hear that pain fades away
And memories do to
Some days are good, some days are bad
I swear it's okay to cry
Just keep looking at that road ahead
To hell with the road behind
Chorus
Well I can't say why
Life can be so cruel
And everybody's trying
To live by the Golden rule
Got a call just the other day
News had me on my knees
I heard that some bad folks
Had done some bad things
Chorus:
Hey there lady, don't you know
You're still the angel, that you were before
We're all still standing, here by your side
Darlin pick your head up...and we'll give it one more try
Life can be so fragile
But we take it in stride
Lord I have, just one request
Please bring back her smile
I pray that each day
Holds a little something new
Well I hear that pain fades away
And memories do to
Some days are good, some days are bad
I swear it's okay to cry
Just keep looking at that road ahead
To hell with the road behind
Chorus


6 Comments:
Absolutely beautifully perfect.
Awesome. You. And the song.
What a thoughtful thing to do for someone. It really is beautiful.
That's beautiful, I have tears in my eyes.
wow! it seems that it could have been written for many, but it made me smile b/c it was written for you!
Love you!
~C
Wonderful!!
Wendy
Post a Comment
<< Home